Jan 7, 2014

January Organization and “The Big Chill” of 2014 Already!

Brrrrrrr….I hope all of you are staying warm.  Much of the US is in a deep freeze with record-breaking lows. We only got a couple inches of snow but it’s -2 degrees here right now with a wind chill of –9.  My son in Chicago is experiencing –12 right now with a wind chill of –35.  Unbelievable!  Here’s what I woke up to this morning.

IMG_8960

So what have I been doing with my time cooped up inside?  Organizing, cleaning out, and re-styling cabinets with my favorite pieces.

IMG_4405

For the past several months I let the butler’s pantry cabinet get cluttered with mis-matched items and wanted to arrange all my white ironstone here.  The butler’s pantry is situated as a pass-thru from the kitchen to the dining room.  The walk-in pantry is opposite to the right of it.

IMG_8945

I’m leaving the white marble pastry board that I got from Williams Sonoma out on the counter.  It’s way too heavy to put away.

IMG_8949

  I normally don’t let my cabinets get like this, but I’ve been on the go since last Fall.

IMG_8938

I had to re-organize and find homes for everything.

IMG_8950

Tah-dah!

IMG_4397

I don’t have a large collection of ironstone but I think it’s much better.  The white color “pops” off the dark cherry cabinets.

 

IMG_4392

 

IMG_4394

I had to leave the vintage French milk bottle with the cow next to my cow creamer.  Too cute.

IMG_4398

These are some of my special French finds.  The Luneville Eiffel plate is from the late 1800s and I picked it up in Paris at a flea market at Porte de Vanves.

IMG_4403

 

And while I was at it, I straightened up the little corner shelf in the dining room focusing only on whiteware.

IMG_4406

I stacked my largest pieces of ironstone on the rattan tray that came from Hobby Lobby and added it to the dining console.

IMG_8940

Now I’ve got to do something with this corner of the dining room.  It looks so bare.

IMG_8979

Have you been organizing during this cold spell?  There’s lots of good organizational ideas and info on blogs right now.  I like that January is considered an organization month.  I think I’m off to a good start to the New Year!

BTW…my French shipment has made it to Louisville and I’m waiting on the final delivery any day now!  I’m so excited!

Blessings,

Kim